What is Persistence?
Many think persistence is a wonderful characteristic to have, in order to fulfill your dreams. But, we learned this week, that it really is not a characteristic we’re endowed with. There are four ‘tiny habits’ that make a big difference in our lives. For those of us on the MKMMA journey, we’ve been given many exercises to do each week. We’ve been sharing our journey each week in our blog posts, so you can learn more about this unique experience. The list of things we’ve done and discovered is growing, week by week, including:
- Discovering our Personal Pivotal Needs
- Writing out our Definite Major Purpose in Life
- Reading our weekly Master Key lesson
- Reading Og Mandino’s Scrolls
- Reading our Blueprint Builder
- Performing a weekly service
- Reading our affirmations
- And more….
We began the course by doing a Self-Assessment Test, and after 11 weeks, we all retested ourselves. My score dramatically improved, which means that this journey is truly leading me towards my Definite Major Purpose in life! We (my fellow sojourners) have been ‘set up’ to succeed! So, now back to the four ‘tiny habits’ I mentioned. Would you like to know what they are? I was curious, too. Drum roll………………
- A definite purpose backed by a burning desire for its fulfillment
- A definite plan, expressed in continuous action
- A mind closed tightly against all negative and discouraging influences, including negative suggestions of relatives, friends and acquaintances
- Friendly alliance with one or more persons who will encourage one to follow through with both plan and purpose
Yes, four tiny habits which really are a commitment to one’s purpose in life. As I continue on my journey, although not perfect, changes within are happening. I’ve been challenged by things I cannot control, but my response to those things or persons is changing. It’s interesting for me to ‘observe’ the changes, which increases my confidence (with faith) in myself. My DMP is beginning to manifest and I can hardly wait to see the rest of my journey unfold as we continue forward!
“I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny. I will persist until I succeed……if I persist long enough, I will win. I will persist. I will win.” Og Mandino, Scroll III